Lusting After The Logistics
Hotels are an integral part of travels and they can sometimes make or break a destination. Personally I like my hotels to be comfortable with just a dash of luxury. I feel every traveler deserves to have a clean and nice smelling room (I can still overlook a bit of dirt on the table or a piece of tissue in the dustbin from the previous guest but I like my sheets crisp & clean and my towels without a stain please!), heating/air con units to work, working shower heads with good water pressure (there is nothing more irritating than having to find that strategic spot under the shower where you might get the most optimum water dribble) and a coffee/tea machine.
Here is a bucket list of my drool worthy hotels:
- What’s not to love about Meridien Bora Bora? I have been obsessed with this place for last seven years and even had a picture of this hotel on my work cork board. I will get there one day….
2. I have always wanted to own a castle, well not happening in this lifetime but there is nothing stopping me from feeling like a princess in this 1494 fort palace, Neemrana. Among India’s oldest resorts, this is about 122 Km from New Delhi a perfect base for exploring the palace city of Rajasthan. Situated on a high hilltop even the loos have a view here and if you get bored with being pampered then there are always activities like zipping, camel rides, exploring sand dunes etc.
3. 40 Winks, situated in a four storey Queen Anne townhouse is fashionable, trendy, warm and eclectic. All the things that i love about London!!
4. A glass cube treehouse, i know that’s beyond cool right!! Serene and modern these five rooms offer a fantastic view of Lule river valley in Sweden. I fear that once I get here I might never come back.
5. Fairmount Jasper Park Lodge is situated in the Canadian Rockies in a UNESCO world heritage site. This property is huge with walking trails, magnificent mountain views, world-class golf course, lakes, wildlife etc. Luckily i had a chance to stay at this property a few years back but would love to go back with my husband. Every morning i woke up to elks grazing outside my lodge. Oh ‘le belle vie’!!
There is no harm in dreaming and one dream at a time we convert them into reality!!